Allen Legal Group
Attorney at Law serving Dallas, Plano, Allen, McKinney, Frisco and Collin County
bret allen banner 4.jpg

Enforcement Actions

helping you collect post-judgment

The end of a lawsuit doesn't mean the end of your problems. We can help you get what's legally owed to you.


A judgment is granted to the successful party at the end of a lawsuit. The judgment often states that one party owes the other party a certain amount of money. In those cases, the judgment itself does not guarantee you payment. You must enforce the judgment by seeking attachment, sequestration, garnishment, an injunction, or appointment of a receiver. Contact us now for a free case evaluation and to determine if one of these extraordinary remedies is appropriate for you.



Attachment is available if the defendant is justly indebted to the plaintiff; the attachment is not sought for the purpose of injuring or harassing the defendant; the plaintiff will probably lose his debt unless the writ is issued; and at least one of the specific grounds for the writ exists as described in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code 61.002 (i.e., nonresident, defendant is about to move, defendant is hiding, defendant is going to hide assets, defendant is going to dispose of assets to defraud creditors, etc.) Contact us now for a free case evaluation and see if Attachment is a proper remedy in your case.



Texas does not allow for wage garnishments. However, garnishments of nonexempt assets are possible under Texas Civil Practice Remedies Code §63.001. Contact us now for a free case evaluation and to see if garnishment is appropriate in your case.



At any time after a judgment is granted, the winning party may conduct discovery under Rule 621a of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. The winning party can take depositions, send interrogatories, etc. to the losing party in an attempt to find out if the losing party has any assets to which the judgment can attach. Contact us now for a free case evaluation and to see if post judgment discovery is appropriate in your case.


Contact us for a free consultation about your enforcement action.